Follow Me!!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Mr.Courage


Cat kingdoms are known for their courage and you can’t accept them being innocent. Usually the charming face might depict that they are the most adorable creature in this world but not their action. Lion’s, Tiger’s, Cheetah’s  being involved in this massive group , even the domestic  Cat sometime, which is a mere pet in a house, can be furious and scary for few. But in this entire collection of mammals, there can be exceptions , no doubt, and can’t predict, whether it is fortunate or unfortunate that I have been in touch with one of those, having a rare behaviour, that is ‘being ‘Coward’’. I am indeed describing my dear pet cat/male, named (for namesake) “Mr. Courage”, the cowardly Cat. Of all the cats which has been to my house, spent their livelihood, this cat, to be precious its behaviour is cowardice of all. 

I thought, ‘not being able to survive in this world’ means ‘death’. But my cat shines outstandingly even when it is surviving on the tip of the death. I can say, there is more than 1 cat in each neighbouring houses and this little precious has been an enemy with most of them. Not sure why others attack it, but they do and for the rescue, it’s always my mom. I get thoughts of ‘not able to see the world’ where as ‘might be’ my cat gets the thought “what can be on the other side of our neighbourhood houses”. Its rivals are so many, as contrary as it has its own friend lists. Only my mom, dad and bro are his life. If mom is not available for its rescue, dad comes into picture. The other day, dad had to chase other cats far away from our house so that it doesn’t attack our precious. Unfortunate, it used to be scared of me because I used to turn up occasionally. But now fortunately it has settle down about me being a frequent visitor and does no harm to it. To make things worse, it is sort of half blind, having 1 eye: defected: P

As I was mentioning there has been many cats which has made a mark in our memories and one of them is Mr. Grey Bell. Now-a-days it comes to house like Halftha vasili Gunda , once in a week visit, and without any word eats the food in its tray ( we have a special tray reserved for these cats ) and goes off and this Mr. Courage keeps encouraging Mr. Grey Bell to play with it and lands up in disappointment. Mr. Courage is 2 and half year old, but it still appears and thinks itself as a kid. After losing its Bro (Mr. Cutie), it has not got any one to be as a ‘play buddy’ :-(.

Of all the cats mentioned in our neighbourhood, I forgot to mention the famous one, the lady, Mrs. Cunning, which tricks Mr. Courage and eats up all his food. I am sure Mr. Courage falls for her charm :-) , All thou I don’t see what charm she has, when especially she is older than him. Any way my little Cowardly cat is just like a geek which is always inside its book or like a frog inside its own well or a kid under his mom’s pallu.

Ah, also forgot to mention about Mr. Courage’s current enemy Mr. J, because I don’t understand why it is so jealous with Mr. Courage, keeps fighting over and over again for no reasons ( at least I can’t find out )
Sometime I feel pity for Mr. Courage, not able to face these cats, and hence not even able to cross a neighbourhood block because of its scariness. But even then it is so scared; it has some feeling of being part of our family. If any one of us didn’t notice it or avoid it during some occasion, it comes near us and hits in his palm indicating “Please do give me importance, I am just below you”.

It do give more importance to non-vegetarian (like cockroach, lizards etc., than vegetarian, but eats rice with oil (oil is must) everyday. Even thou it eats, it is still the thinnest of all. Likes my mom to the core, and follows her everywhere. The other day when my mom was away from house for 1 week, it didn’t have its food for at least a day. It is obedient and knows that it shouldn’t enter puja room and kitchen slabs in search of food. And because of its long interaction of a day with we humans or of less interaction with other cats, it understands kannada very quickly. Understanding local language is seen with all cats, in and around our neighbourhood; might be because of human body language and everyday interaction; but according to me our cat understands more quickly than others. It has very peculiar sleeping style, of holding the hind legs with the front ones, in a stretch full manner. So overall you can say these are some (few) of its brave deeds ;-)

Of all the regrets that it is not so brave as Grey Bell and also hope to see one day it out coming some other cats; like chasing someone else, we still love our ‘Mr. Courage’ so much

Survivor of the fittest 
Mr.Courage
-Prathi

No comments:

Post a Comment