Follow Me!!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Challenge the Fear!!!

Fear starts from the day we are born. As we are happy, sad we are born with  fear within us. It is an emotion which is induced when we encounter a threat around us.

I believe that Fear is needed in life, or else we can't understand the importance of our success. But the essence of overcoming fear is not what everyone understands hence some people fail.


Fear has always been a part of my life. Anytime I need to challenge myself, fear is one of the factors. 


My 1st encounter of Fear was during 2003, after my 12th result.
Source: shutterstock/pixabay

My Fear 2003 - Career Path


  • Fear gained entrance : From a very young age, I was interested to be a Doctor but 12th score resulted circumstances in such a way that nor the score gave me any free seats on MBBS neither could we afford that luxurious payment seats. 
  • Fear caught speed : In the form of imagination & thoughts I lost my confidence "why didn't I score more".
  • Fear of dream vanishing : My Engineer ranking was much better than My Medical but I did not want to give up my desire.
  • Fear of being insufficient: From my young age, I have seen my cousins going either to Engineer or Doctor. Hence I had a fear that I am going to break tradition and become a traitor.
  • Fear Results  ..Insomnia, depression: Dilemma on what career path to pick as the option narrowed, resulted in devastating nights of my teenage.
  • And Free Advice's: Few of my parents' friends suggested that BSc Biology would be a great choice for me. In future too even if she joined Engineering she may not be able to take that stress. 

Rise above Fear:

Few instances, we try giving up for the ones we haven't achieved and fail to see the gain.




  1. Calm yourself: When we are in fear 1st instance is to calm yourself. As a Brahman, I am taught to chant mantra's to eradicate anything fearful and this has been the "mantra" to calm myself ever since.
  2. Enjoy what you have: "Yes I haven't gained good score, but I didn't flunk. I was able to achieve 87% in PCM and 81% in my PCB. This is not bad.",this was one of the motivation sentences which I used to reside myself. 
  3. Never compare with others: I told that my cousins are Engineers and Doctors but neither of them are Dancers, Painters nor Bloggers :).I think this sentence says it all.
  4. Accept: Accepting the current situation is crucial. Things can see vague at that moment but we need to accept it and move forward. As Medical and Engineer seat allocation procedure was late, I joined BSc for a week. I wanted to overcome my fear of accepting and ask myself "Is this what I want?".
  5. Go against the odd: I went to Medical seat allocation, selected Ayurveda medicine seat - BAMS; "If not MBBS lets try BAMS" was my thought. I got a seat in Ayurveda collage which was very new but not the best.
  6. Take Risk: I went to Engineering seat allocation too as my ranking was good. I selected Biotechnology, a very new medical field  in the engineering sector in a top most collage of my city.
  7. Decide happily: During my decision time, I thought happily. I had Bsc in Biology, BAMS and Biotechnology. Any option I choose, there is its own pros and cons but I need to choose something I am happy about and I don't regret later. 
I decided "Biotechnology"

Success 2003-2007

The Risk which I took which was not in any of the Plans and out of the box. Sometime Life presents us path which are very different from one another. I took Biotechnology as the subject was related to  medicine and the collage was good. But more then that It made me Happy.

But along with this, It also taught me what I had failed to acquire in the past. "Marks";  this was a downfall for me not to enter MBBS but was one of the building blocks in my 4 years of engineering. To people who gave advice's as "she can't make it successfully in Engineering", I proved them wrong not only by scoring high but being the topper in biotechnology 2003-2007 Engineering Lifespan. 

I questioned myself "what made my biology answers to score so low?". I learnt that my explanation was sometime similar to literature paper very vague like beating behind the bushes or incomplete or no connectivity. I learned my mistake

As a conclusion, My Motivation to be the Topper are 
  • A fear of the past 
  • A fear about not being able to succeed in future.
Source: Shutterstock/pixabay


There has been far more fearful incident than the above resided one and m' still fighting on but the ultimate result is to gain confidence on fear and take it in a sporty way.

In the future, I would be facing something more fearful and never faced circumstance but to overcome is to think that we can gain something out of this fear Just like "without any "fear" sacrifice there is no "success" gain" .

Even the most powerful substance in the world follows the same principle i.e "Energy"

"Energy can't be created nor destroyed it can only transform from one form to another." We just need to catch this Fear arising Energy and convert it into Successful and fruitful Energy

And to end, I would like to leave readers with a saying from Lord Krishna from Mahabharata "Fear is an imagination which depicts a picture of what bad can happen in the near future. But if Fear is just an "imagination" why panic about it"

This Blog is written as a part of a Happy Hours campaign held by Indiblogger & Mountain Dew on topic "Rise above Fear" stating how we take risk and overcome our fear and achieve success in Life. 



 Embedded a YouTube Dew Film  - Telgu version: 



You can also follow Mountain Dew on their Facebook Link: 

https://www.facebook.com/mountaindewindia.

No comments:

Post a Comment