Follow Me!!

Sunday, March 15, 2015

A silent partner


Few years back...

One late evening, I was all exhausted and tired due to indigestion. I had been to loo several times; which made me irritated. I was quite fussed about a simple indigestion and was blaming God for it. I am really surprised now, on that thought, as God was not the one who gave me those tasty oily foods, but my sweet relatives had showered it for my arrival when I had visited them. Going on, as everyone would have suggested, this is one of those times where we just have to lie down & doze off. But I instead was all tensed up; indigestion mood swings I believe. 

Anyways, this had happened while  I was in my native with my parents. As a home remedy, mom had prepared a bitter kashayam and I had just finished having it. She suggested to have a quick nap and not to think about it. But I was just adamant not to sleep. Finally, after several convincing minutes, I decided to take a quick 5 min nap where I was seated. I was even lazy and frustrated to move. I was on my sofa & as I was worn out, I quickly dozed off. 

A Few minutes passed by & I regained my consciousness to realize that, one of our house cat, was sitting beside me on the sofa. As usual, it was sleeping & making some annoying sound. As I was still exhausted and had those irritating mood swings I started murmuring & scolding at the cat. It made the cat awake. 

Suddenly something unusual occurred  which I will never forget. As if it was waiting for me to wake up,  it pushed its right paw forward towards me, as if asking me to hold its paw. Unconsciously I took it's paw in my hand. It closed its eyes & opened again. It repeated the same gesture twice & then as if nothing has happened, it went back to sleep. Shocked & Surprised I just stared at my Cat for around 2 minutes and then went on to take another couple of minute sleep.

So what just happened?

Was it a dream? No...As I was still holding its paw when I woke up completely after an hour. 

This incident created a connection which I felt emotionally. "Don't worry, this exhausting time will pass by soon" was what I felt it conveyed. Scientifically, I would have to do some survey on my cat's behavior, but emotionally I was touched. Unknowingly, it gave me a strength which I needed so badly. It acted as a silent partner which sat beside me when I am down and told me to relax myself.

Of course my stomach ache was not cured by my cat peculiar behavior, but it surely did bring in some positive vibe. I relaxed myself compelling myself that it is just an indigestion and not an end of the world. Sometimes I think, we just need that little nudge to get back on track, like a hug or a cold breeze or as my cat did a hand so that we relax, get our mind straight & think; 'it is not worth worrying as every dark night is followed by a bright sunny day'. 

At the end -

 "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language - Martin Buber"


In my case, So true... isn't it!!


This topic is an initiation (#together) from  housing.com https://housing.com/ ) , a new online real estate space.

No comments:

Post a Comment