Follow Me!!

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Leisure books 2015

I have been away from my work for almost an year now. I am an exhausted and thrilled mom for an 8 month old boy but few at times when I get leisure, its books which comes to my mind. From Sachin Tendulkar sensation book " Playing it my way " to classic like" Gone with the wind " ; my collection set this year varies from one form to another. It would take a while to think and write about all the books which I read, hence I will select few which was in dark from my knowledge but had impressed me at the end

1. "The Black Box" by Micheal Connel -

A thriller novel which has usual storyline as per this era but the way it has approached and depicted quite creates scandal in itself. I mean when I had started with it, I kept guessing what could be the reason but at the end when the climax was out it really was fascinating and interesting.

Harry Bosh yet another case of murder mystery with a tittle which depicts that when a plane crashes we try find the black box to complete the investigation. like wise in all cases we need to find that black box whether it is think or info or someone to complete it

2. "Night fall " by Nelson demille

I cant completely say this is a friction as the story line is not. It has happened in US, where a flight had broken to flames in the midair. Many people claim to see a streak of light like a rocket which propelled and hit the plane. But the investigation had no proof on that streak of light beam and hence it was closed as mechanical failure.

Author Nelson gave a twist to the real fact by adding a friction to what might have happened to the investigation if there was a glimpse of proof for this beam of light.

The climax is such a take back that none can ever imagine. What a end.

A 'Must' read book.

3."Pendragon Legacy - Sword of light" -

This is pure friction and harry potter fans might like it. It consists of 4 books and this one is the 1st of them. Its about a girl whose surname is Pendragan and how she overcomes fear and becomes the bravest among the whole kingdom. She  challenges her evil cousin just by her innocence which makes the story even more interesting.

My encounter was as surprising as this book. I got this book from our city library. Its a tale to be read and without the next 3 book in series this tale is incomplete. I am still finding hard to be patience to get my hands on the next series.

Yes its half review but the point is not review but its awareness is what I want to publish. If you ever find the 4 in together, it can be a great collection in bookshelf.

4. 'My Days ' by R.K. Narayanan -
Need no intro as it is the very famous 'Malgudi days' authors autobiography.

I am incompetent to review this as his standard is higher than any author in this world. Hence I will not review the book. Its a must if you are fan of him, i cant imagine if you are not. You can find some rare pictures of his life and you get a visit to his personal life. There is also cartoon illustration by another great person and his own little brother Mr. R.K.Laxman which is remarkably funny.

I would say that despite being a great author, during that time authors had lot of contents to write. A simple exam is of a street light man which Mr. Narayanan has explained in his 1st chapter and that too so beautifully.

Might be it would have been best to born at those times as hard work and success was hand in hand.

Think about it & I will leave you to it.
Prathi

No comments:

Post a Comment