Follow Me!!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Magical Grasp #LoveAndLaughter

Ours was an 'arrange' marriage, but 5 years down when I now turn back, I think it must be that spark which clicked when we met, which lured us together.

We ..

Yes, I am talking about my dearest husband. To brief out I would say that the phrase, "opposite attracts" just suits us.

If he is quite , I am talkative.
He has patience, whereas I am impulsive.
He can be messy, but I am the perfection freak and the list goes on...

Of all the opposites, our togetherness blossomed & If I recall, mainly, when we travel together to work.

This was someday of 2013...

Prad has both 2 wheeler & 4 wheeler but usually, was restraining to use our car as he was new to driving & as you are aware, Bengaluru doesn't support new drivers.


Nevertheless, one day when we were late and when our bike was not in a mood to start ( reason being that someone had cut the outlet and drained all the petrol; Prad calls him a thief whereas I call him a well wisher) we started travelling in our car.

This circumstance, then became a habit.

For the first few months both of us were very caution, with Prad creating a peculiar nail biting habit, whenever he had a tough time understanding the road. I was even advised not to disturb him while driving as it distracts him

After a few weeks, Prad started getting the hang of it but had not still reached 100%.

One day when we were driving on the roads of Katrigupe, we came to a halt in a steep road, due to traffic. Prad was quite comfortable, but as I was still getting the hang of his driving had this fear; "What if the car goes backward and hit any vehicle behind". I wanted to tell this concern of mine, but feared that if I say so, it might distract him and he may even lose his control. Confused between my inner fear and unable to express, I held my seat belt so tight thinking that my grasp will make the vehicle still.

My husband saw my unusual behaviour and asked me if I have any stomach ache. I frowned and didn't say a word until we were out of that steep road.

After explaining the reason, my husband (Now, me too..after thinking about it !!! ) had a good laugh, assured me that he was now in full control of the car and doesn't need my psychic support!!

This incident has been one of the funniest of the lot, but still doesn't embarrass me, might be as it has the mixture of love and laughter of our relationship

And It will always remain in me whenever we cross steep roads in future.


PS - I don't have my magical grasp snapshot, but do have my Prad's nail biting drive - Enjoy
Prad - nail biting drive


This post is a part of #LoveAndLaughter activity at BlogAdda in association with Caratlane.


- Prathi

4 comments:

  1. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nice post keep it such a great post and meaningful articles.
    Buy girls/women silver jewellery with latest designs online visit now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This delightful anecdote beautifully captures the essence of a relationship built on opposites. The humorous incident on the steep road not only highlights the contrasting personalities of the couple but also showcases the unique dynamics that make their togetherness special. The blend of love, laughter, and understanding in facing challenges paints a vivid picture of a harmonious partnership, creating enduring memories for the future.
    Visit For The Latest Collection Of Silver Bracelets Online

    ReplyDelete